Today, we’d like to recommend some leisure activities. That is to use a French Press coffee maker to make coffee, which is really simple to accomplish if you have one.
You will receive a full-bodied coffee if you brew coffee this way. This is most likely due to the coffee’s 4-minute soak in hot water. Because the aromatic oils from the coffee beans are released during steeping, the coffee has a pleasant scent.
The most important component of this activity is coffee beans, and I would recommend Coffee Culture Thailand, an online coffee bean store that also sells coffee equipment and offers delivery. There are numerous coffee kinds to pick from on the website because it is the centre of online coffee beans, as an intermediary between the buyer and the manufacturer. It sells both Thai and international coffee.
Let’s start with how to order coffee beans.
You’ll see a list of coffee brewing methods, and you may choose your coffee beans, regardless of whatever coffee maker, you’re using, so pick one and click it.
This screen will appear once you select the coffee brewing technique. There are many different types of coffee to choose from on the left-hand side, and you may categorise them using several criteria. A variety of brewing equipment is also on the list.
Choose your preferred coffee beans. (I chose a gift set because it includes the most popular item.) You must choose a quantity, level of roasting, whether you want it ground or not, and your brewing technique during the ordering process.
Next, the system will direct you to the payment page. Choose your preferred method of payment: PayPal, Alipay, bitcoin, bank transfer, or credit cards; making a payment is so easy.
Coffee recipes and tips are also available on the website. If you have time, go to the website Coffee Culture Asia, where you can learn a lot about coffee.
The item was delivered three days later. The packaging looks good as it appears on the shopping page, including one large bag weighing 150 grams and four smaller bags weighing 50 grams. Each one comes with a ziplock bag, which is quite useful. “Take a picture of the product and share it on Instagram with the hashtag @coffeeculturethailand for a 10% discount on your next purchase,” says a card attached.
Let’s try making coffee in a French Press with “Khun Chang Khian” coffee beans. This is my personal style, which consists of a few easy stages.
- Preparing: hot water, sugar, fresh milk (do not use sweetened condensed milk because it does not go along with French Press coffee)
- Warm-up and clean the beaker by pouring boiled water into it and pouring it out.
- Pour coffee into a beaker; I use ground coffee because it is more convenient. However, they claim that grinding coffee beans before brewing gives the coffee a more pleasing aroma.
- The water should be at a temperature of 94 degrees Celsius. I think it is about 15 seconds after the water has reached a boil.
- I mixed 2 tablespoons of coffee powder with 3 cups of water (about 300 ml) for the amount of water and coffee powder. (Try to come up with your own unique flavour)
- Fill the beaker with 20% of the total amount of water. Soak for 20 seconds to allow the coffee flakes to fully blossom (For those who want decaf coffee, close the plunger, press and pour out the water)
- Add the remaining water
- Use a spoon to gently stir your coffee if you want a powerful, full-bodied cup. Allow the coffee grounds to settle in the beaker’s bottom. However, if you want a light coffee, remove all of the coffee powder that has risen to the top.
- Use coarsely ground coffee and lengthen the soaking time if you want a sour coffee.
- Soak in the beaker for 4 minutes, then close the lid but do not push. Simply close it to let the scent remain in the beaker.
- After 4 minutes, carefully press the plunger.
- Pour the coffee slowly and gently, not all the way to the bottom; allow 10% for sediment to settle.
- Add sugar and fresh milk as desired.
The French Press coffee maker can also brew a cold-brew coffee by simply switching from hot to cold water. Then place it in the refrigerator overnight (about 12 hours). The French Press process takes roughly the same length of time as a drip brew, but it is much easier to prepare. The coffee flakes gradually became soaked and sunk to the bottom of the beaker, as shown in the photo.
- It’s so easy to order coffee beans online, and the product is just what I’m looking for, delivered quickly (3 business days).
- My coffee may not have a deep black colour, but it has a wonderful aroma and a good taste.
- When I add fresh milk to my coffee, it becomes delicious.
- I don’t get heart palpitations when I drink coffee during the day, and I get a good night’s sleep.
I’ll try a Moka Pot Coffee Maker next time and write a review. They say that brewing finely ground coffee in a Moka Pot with hot water produces a strong coffee with a flavour similar to that of an Espresso Machine. Take a look at the price; I think it is reasonable.